Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Festivus

Christmas. It's a big deal...apparently. Every year, the only consistent things that I can rely on at Christmas time are 1. food, 2. presents and 3. a lot of loud relatives. This year was rather rough for my family. You see, the oldest generation of the family is dropping off like flies, may they rest in peace. This year we lost my grandfather, Richard Landry, and my wonderful aunt, Marilyn Ramsey.

Now, while normal people would see the holidays as a depressing time with such a loss, my family is not normal. When life gives us lemons, we throw them out and drink beer instead. While wearing viking hats. Literally, the Adams Annual Christmas Photo was taken with viking helmets. See for yourself.



I took the liberty to also add a didjeridoo to the picture. It adds character.

Anyway, on to some of my personal favorite quotes from Christmas.

We'll start with Christmas Eve. The entire family (30 people or less...I really can't remember) got together for a group picture. My Aunt Carol was taking the picture.
Aunt Carol: "Well, aren't we a good-looking family!"
My intoxicated father: "DAMN STRAIGHT!"
My openly gay cousin, Princess David: "Well...not straight..."
Me and my cousin Chris simultaneously: "IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE'S GAY!"

And who can forget Christmas day, when we're all sitting in front of the TV watching Mariah Carey sing "All I Want For Christmas is You" and my Uncle blurts out (while sitting next to his daughter/my cousin) "She looked better in Playboy."

Basically, what I'm saying is, I love my family. Even on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment